OpenAI recently released GPT-4, the latest generation of large language models. GPT-4 is designed to provide better reasoning, fewer mistakes, and a larger input capacity, making it an ideal tool for enterprises. It is currently being fine-tuned to have a higher level of understanding, enabling it to process long and large documents for better analysis and recommendations.
Several commercial partners, including Stripe and Duolingo are already using GPT-4 in their workflow, products, or systems. For instance, Morgan Stanley is using GPT-4 to organize its knowledge base of articles and insights on investment strategies, analyst insights, and market research. By training and fine-tuning the AI model on company data, employees can easily retrieve information using a chat interface.
One of GPT-4's most significant advantages is its improved document analysis and understanding of context, which can lead to more accurate analysis of business documents like contracts, legal paperwork, and reports. It has better input and output flexibility, allowing it to analyze images and sketches. This provides an opportunity for enterprises where the visual element of information is essential, such as image search and architecture. Additionally, GPT-4 can generate data visualizations that help businesses make informed decisions based on complex data sets.
The feedback for GPT-4 has been positive, and it is expected to bring numerous innovations to the enterprise and business landscape. However, there are concerns about the size and training requirements for such a model, which means that organizations are becoming dependent on Silicon Valley hyper-scale companies such as Microsoft, Amazon and Google. GPT-4 is anticipated to have a significant impact on the business landscape by providing enhanced natural language understanding, advanced multi-model capabilities, multi-tasking abilities, and personalized features. It can improve customer support by processing visual input and analyzing images and charts to provide valuable insights to businesses.
However, GPT-4 cannot be solely relied upon to make important decisions, as it generates content based on publicly available data without contextual knowledge. While GPT-4 can sound intelligent, it lacks actual knowledge and merely generates responses based on patterns from its vast internet database. Thus, it requires metadata context to avoid false credibility and inaccuracies in its responses.
To truly trust GPT-4 as an AI advisor, it's crucial to understand its limitations. Although GPT-4 can generate text that appears to be fluent and intelligent, it lacks the ability to comprehend the meaning of what it's saying. This can result in errors, inaccuracies, and even AI 'hallucinations' that can be detrimental to businesses relying on its advice. However, feeding GPT-4 with metadata context can reduce the risk of inaccurate responses and hallucinations.
Let's delve into the differences between the chatbot and its newly enhanced successor:
- GPT-4 is "multimodal", which means it can comprehend and interpret various "modalities" of information. In contrast, ChatGPT and GPT-3 were restricted to text; they could read and write, but that was the extent of their abilities. However, GPT-4 can analyze images, and not just describe the contents of a picture, but also comprehend it on a deeper level. For instance, GPT-4 can identify the pattern on a dress, translate a label, read a map, and perform several other tasks.
- GPT-4 is much more difficult to mislead than its predecessors. The previous models could be easily led astray and induced to say unnerving things; however, GPT-4 has been trained on numerous malicious prompts and is better equipped to distinguish between fact and fiction.
- GPT-4 has a longer memory, which enables it to recall up to 50 pages of text, compared to ChatGPT and GPT-3's limit of around four to five pages.
- GPT-4 is capable of answering thousands of multiple-choice questions with high accuracy in 26 languages, including Italian, Ukrainian, and Korean.
- GPT-4 has different "personalities," which can be altered to fit your needs. GPT-4 can change its behavior on demand, making it more versatile and capable of adapting to different circumstances.
While GPT-4 is an impressive AI language model, it still has its limitations. To make the most out of its capabilities and avoid inaccurate responses, it's important to feed it with contextual data that helps it understand the meaning of the text it generates. With this approach, businesses can benefit from GPT-4's advanced capabilities while also ensuring the accuracy and reliability of the advice it provides.